2014 Australian Laughter Conference
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the upcoming 2014 Australian Laughter Yoga “YES” Conference.
“Yes” is my favorite word. I love it when I ask someone something and they say “yes”. People enjoy it also when they ask me things and I respond the same way. “Yes” is often said with a nod of the head, a smile on the face, and a positive tone and quality in the voice. When you say or hear this simple monosyllabic word everybody feels better. So the theme for the 2014 Laughter Yoga Conference is “YES”.
With registration numbers ahead of where they were at this time last year in Sydney, the 2014 Conference in Brisbane is on track to be the best ever. YES! Here are the Top 10 FAQs that I have been answering. Checkout the list and it may persuade you to come along, or get you even more excited if you already are.
1. As a Yoga Teacher do I get CPD Credits for attending the conference? YES. Yoga Australia has allocated 10 credits for attending both days of the conference.
2. I’m a little short of funds at the moment so are there any other ways to get some extra money to attend? YES. Websites such as Indiegogo and Gofundme are ways of asking people to invest in you.
3. Is catering provided in my registration payment? YES. Morning and afternoon tea as well as a Novotel buffet lunch are all inclusive. If you have any dietary requirements these will be met as long as we know what they are ahead of time.
4. Can I still get Sebastien’s video package that was offered with the Early Bird Special? YES. He has kindly donated ten more packages for the next ten people who register from today.
5. Can I donate some money to help fund someone else to go to the conference? YES. There are several people who are looking for a financial sponsor (or part thereof) who would love to receive your donation however small or large.
6. Is it OK that I don’t know anything about Laughter Yoga? YES. The Agenda has been structured for all people of all levels of understanding of Laughter Yoga.
7. Will I be personally involved in the conference? YES. Laughter Yoga is experiential and there will be several sessions for you to practice in until you become an expert.
8. Can I bring products to sell? YES. This is a GRRREAT opportunity for you to offer a Conference Special to attendees who will then tell others how good your products are.
9. Will I learn new things? YES. I attend this and other conferences around the world and ALWAYS come away with some new insights and learning.
10. Will I make new lifetime friends? YES. You can have as many Facebooks friends and Post as many Tweets as you like but the people you will connect with at the conference are “real” and will be with you forever. After all, that’s what Laughter Yoga does. It connects people.
You would be crazy to miss this event wouldn't you??? YES ! ! ! (ha ha ha)
Conference Accommodation Special
While you can always stay at the Novotel there is another accommodation option you may like to consider for those of you who are more cost conscious. You can get a room and breakfast for less than $80 per night. This Bed and Breakfast option is located right in the heart of Brisbane just a five minutes walk from Central Railway Station and the Conference venue. We have secured the whole premises and places are limited so get in early. More information can be found at http://www.anniesbrisbane.com
This month “should” see the launch of a new Laughter Yoga Australia website. Apart from a new and more modern look and feel, we want to provide an easier and more united website to help people find clubs, news, and events, at a more local level. This will greatly improve the way that people can locate different activities as they arise.